4th December 2018
At Our Club This Week
- Friday 7th December - Club Supper Book here
- Saturday 8th December - Fast Handicap Autumn Series 11 and 12
- Club Draw
- Sunday 9th December - IOCA Training
- 12.00 Dinghy Prizegiving
- Sunday Carvery Book here
- Monday 10th 16.30 - RYA Yacht master Theory
- Tuesday 11th 18.00 - Bridge
- Wednesday 12th 19.30 – Scottish Dancing
- Thursday 13th December - Club Christmas Dinner - Book here
- Friday 14th December - Lottery Quarterly BONUS and monthly draw
- Tuesday 18th December - Christmas Carols at 18.30
- New Year’s Eve at BSC - Book now!
The annual dinghy prizegiving will take place on Sunday 9th December at 12.30 in the clubhouse.
The Sunday carvery lunch will be available afterwards and can be booked on the club website.
Do you need Members addresses for your Christmas cards?
If you’re in the middle of writing your cards and need to get a fellow member’s address here’s how you do it:
- Go to http://www.boshamsailingclub.com/
- Click on ‘Log In’ - top right
- Enter your user name and password.(If you’ve forgotten either or both you can request them easily at that point)
- On the home page click on My Account
- Then click on View Members Directory
- You can now search by name
Office - We welcome Kathrine Turver who will be full time and and Megan Whittle, who will be working two days a week.
Catering - Russ has decided to leave us for a new job. We thank him for his work at the Club and wish him well in the future.
Until a replacement chef is appointed (probably in the New Year) the Club is delighted that Miranda Powley's Bosham Kitchen will provide chef service for the Club and service will continue as planned.
This arrangement comes into effect immediately, why not make a booking now?
Valiant - The Lady in Red - is back on the quay and looking very sharp. She's been out for her first post-maintenance row and the crew agreed she slips through the water like silk and the oars glide - rather than clink-clunk silently between the pins. Huge thanks to all the volunteers - too many to list - and special thanks to Ed Reynolds and Peter Hankey for their graft, Gavin for his sage-like guidance, and Steve Shaw for ordering all the important stuff. To keep all our work in top condition, please hose down Valiant and oars after use.
Now we all need to get back out on the water in Valiant, Nimrod and, yes, even on the SUPS!
Check Bosham Rowing on the club website for upcoming rowing opportunities.
Courses and event dates for early 2019 will be finalised shortly.
Date for diary
New Year Rowsolution gathering – Saturday 19th January 2019 at 7pm for drinks and nibbles.
The Perfect Gift for Christmas
Why Not Give A Loved One A Voucher From The Club Which Can Be Redeemed Against A Meal Or Any Course?
Available From £20 Upwards. Please Contact Steve Shaw - Club Secretary At Secretary@Boshamsailingclub.Com
Fancy A Feva For 2019?
Some of the club’s Fevas will be available for sale soon. Find out more and register your interest by contacting Steve Shaw on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bosham Sailing Club Celebrates New Years Eve!
See The New Year In In Style. Come To The Bosham Casino - Play Or Dance The Night Away!
- 8.00 Arrive to a mood setting Cocktail
- Try your luck at Blackjack or Roulette and as no real money is required you can’t lose – but you could win a prize!
- 8.45 onwards - Supper
- Dancing and gaming until 1am
- Dress – Black & White
Tickets £35.00 Book now online tables of 6, 8 &12 are available.
Dinghy Park - Winter Storage Fees
If you have a boat in the Dinghy Park and require Winter Storage between 1st January and 31st March, please contact the office by email before the 1st of December. The fee for this will be £104. If you don’t want to pay winter storage fees, please get your boat moved so we can get on with winter maintenance of the Dinghy Park.
News from the South Seas
Check out the website via this link to see news from John Lippiett and company of their rendezvous with George Storton in the Falklands.
A date for your diary - John will be giving a talk at the Club on Saturday 12th January 2019