2nd of October
This week's highlights:
- Wednesday - Scottish Dancing
- Friday - Seafood Week - Book here for a delicious fishy supper ...
- Saturday and Sunday - Cruiser Weekend -
Saturday Supper and Sunday Prize-giving - see details here
- Club Draw - Saturday 19:30 - jackpot £490!
- Topper Open Meeting - Sunday– see details here
- Sunday Carvery - book here
- Saturday 13th October - Members’ Reception - 18:00 – Book here
- Friday 19th October - “Vanishing Sail” Film showing and supper
- Friday 26th October - Junior Week Parents FOMO Disco £15.00
- Saturday 27th October - 11.00 - Coffee and Catch Up - all welcome
- Saturday 27th October - Cadet Halloween Disco
- Powerboat 2 training - see below for dates and info
It’s national Seafood Week so here’s Russ’ favourite fish recipe!
Oven Baked Cod Loin - £11.95
Cheddar & leek croquettes, crushed peas served with a white wine & chive cream sauce
Spinach & Ricotta Rotolo £8.95
Tomato & Basil Sauce
All served with buttered seasonal vegetables
Dessert - £3.95
Bramley apple & blackberry crumble
New Forest vanilla bean ice cream
Cruiser Racing Series Weekend 6th and 7th October
Next weekend sees our second Cruiser Racing Series, a great way to mark the end of the season. Please do let OOD John Blackman know your interest in taking part at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info here
Saturday’s Club Draw
The jackpot is now at £490! The draw will reach £500 on 13th October and then we will run a second draw, alongside the usual one, which will start from £10, so you’ll have two chances of winning. All you have to do is be at the club on Saturday at 19:30. It couldn’t be easier!
Members’ Reception - Saturday 13th October - 18:00
Join us to celebrate a glorious sailing season and catch with friends old and new. Open to all members. £5 to include drink and nibbles. Pre-booking essential. Book here
19th October - “Vanishing Sail” - Film and Fish Supper- £15
A story of the old Caribbean -
trading by sail and smuggling contraband interweve a tribute to the independent spirit of a small island community. The film follows Alywn Enoe's journey of determination and resilience over three years, from hauling trees with his sons, to a final tradition launching ceremony. Supper will be served half way through the film.
Booking will be available online soon.
RYA Powerboat Level 2: A 2 day course on the 3rd and 4th November
Just 2 spaces still available. Book here. Keen to complete your PB2 but those dates don’t work for you? As long as you have 2 or 3 people interested, contact email@example.com for a conversation about alternative dates and we will see what we can arrange.