8th of October
This Week's Highlights:
- 50/50 Lottery on Friday - stay on for Club Supper - book here
- Saturday - Members’ Reception at 18:00 - £5
- £500 to win on Saturday in Bar Draw - WILL BE WON THIS WEEK!
- Saturday - Classic
Racing for the Trafalgar Cup
- Sunday - Fast Handicap Autumn Series, Scow and Tideways Racing
- Sunday Carvery - book here
- Sunday 14th October- IOCA (Optimist Winter) training - lunch available to book now - see here ....
- Friday 19th October - “Vanishing Sail” Film showing and supper £15 - book here
- Saturday 27th October - 11:00 - Coffee and Catch Up - all welcome
- Saturday 27th October - Bittersweet Bring and Buy - more details to follow
- Saturday 27th October - Cadet Halloween Disco
Friday Club Supper
Roasted Lamb Rump
Dauphinoise potatoes, chorizo crumb,
apple puree finished with red wine
Carrot, cumin & lentil tart
Parsley cream sauce
Pear, toffee & hazelnut tart
All main courses served with freshly prepared vegetables and in-house baked breads.
Members’ Reception - Saturday 13th October - 18:00
Join the Commodore and Flag Officers to celebrate a glorious sailing season and catch up with friends old and new. Open to all members - £5 and includes a drink and nibbles. We need you to pre-book but if you have any problems with the online booking system, please email the office, reference Members’ Reception, with your names. We will send you a confirmation email and deduct this from your Red Card. Stay on for the chance to win £500...
Saturday’s Club Draw
The jackpot is now a HUGE £500 and we will be drawing it on Saturday night until it is won! All you have to do is be there this Saturday at 19:30 so come to the reception (above) and stay on for the chance to win. What could be easier?
19th October - “Vanishing Sail” - Film and Fish Supper - £15
A story of the old Caribbean - trading by sail and smuggling contraband interweave a tribute to the independent spirit of a small island community. The film follows Alywn Enoe’s journey of determination and resilience over three years, from hauling trees with his sons, to a final traditional launching ceremony. Supper will be half way through the film.
Saturday 27th October - Coffee and Catch Up - 11:00
Everyone is welcome to drop in for chat with some of the Flag Officers and staff over a cup of coffee and a biscuit.
Saturday 27th October - Bittersweet Bring and Buy
We will be holding a sailing bring and buy sale which will be the perfect opportunity to clear out your garages and sheds for the winter and get rid of that outgrown sailing kit, surplus paddles or any other sailing related stuff. More details next week.
The BSC Office Team