BSC Briefing - 7th January 2019
Our Olympic hopeful, Sophie Ainsworth, and BSC prize
winners at our Cadet Prize Giving in December.
Dates for your diary
- TONIGHT!! FILM NIGHT ‘The French Lieutenant’s Woman’ - 19:00 for 19:30
- Tuesday - 19:00 - RYA First Aid Course over 4 weeks - last few places!! - Book here
- Wednesday - 19.30 Scottish Dancing - get fit and have fun
- Friday night supper is BACK - Book here
- Friday 11th 19:30 - Lottery Draw takes place - Good Luck!
- Saturday 12th at 19:30 CAPTAIN COOK - England’s Greatest Sailing Pioneer
- Saturday 19th January 19:00 Rowers New Year get together - drinks and nibbles at the club - All Welcome! Contact Lyn on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Saturday 26th January - Burns Night - Not just for haggis lovers!
- Sunday 27th January - RNLI books sale
- Thursday 31st January - CDB Racing Rules Clinic - details from your Class Captain
- Saturday 2nd February - CDB Racing Rules Clinic - details from your Class Captain
Taking his title from the words Master Mariner Alan Villiers used about Captain Cook, John will give a fully illustrated talk on the life and remarkable achievements of this brilliant seaman, navigator, explorer and cartographer. He is one of this country’s greatest naval heroes and put more of the world on the map than any other individual.
Followed by a delicious Australian - themed supper Chicken Parmigiana with Green Salad Followed by Pavlova £12 for two courses
Book here for Supper
Click on the link above to see the video plus a write up, lots of photos and a whole list of goodies if you donate. These goodies start at £20 and go right up to £10,000. It includes boat stickers, signed poster, Musto cap with the Team Sophie logo, sailing lessons, a visit to Weymouth to watch them train, up to corporate sailing events and corporate sponsorship with your company logo on their boat and sails. So there really is some-thing for every price point.
An amazing private collection of some 1000 beautiful and inter-esting books on sailing and all aspects of boating and the water has been donated to the RNLI to help their fund-raising. The Club will be displaying a large selection of the best of these on Sunday 27th January from 11am to 3pm. Covering cruising, racing, ocean sailing, historic ships, boat-building, seamanship/navigation, charts, amazing voyages by famous mariners, plus inland water-ways, canoeing and even fishing, there will be many titles to inter-est all those with an affinity for the water.
You are invited to come along for this one-day event, make a do-nation and take a choice from the bookstall, knowing you are helping save lives at sea.