BSC Training Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Participation for Course/Event at Bosham Sailing Club
Training will be delivered by Bosham Sailing Club (BSC) in accordance with RYA Training Centre Guidance by appropriately qualified and experienced RYA instructors.
All participants MUST
- 1.be aged 8 years and over on the day of course or if aged 7, the parent/guardian must be happy that the child is physically able and mature enough to take part and enjoy the course
- 2.be confident in water and able to swim
- 3.wear clothing appropriate to the weather conditions during the event
- 4.wear a correctly fitted suitable buoyancy aid
- 5.wear suitable footwear light flat soled sailing shoes or trainers
- 6.report immediately any injuries sustained during the course to BSC's staff.
- 7.adhere to the Bosham Sailing Club Code of Conduct
- 1.unless advised otherwise by the senior instructor, stay at BSC until their child/children are under the supervision of the instructor(s).
- 2.return to BSC at least thirty minutes before the session is scheduled to end or a time advised by the senior instructor.
- 3.must ensure that their adult named as their point of contact in case of emergency is contactable for the duration of the entire course and available to attend BSC if required to do so.
- 4.adhere to the Bosham Sailing Club Code of Conduct
Use of own boats
- 1.if the participant is using their own boat for the course they/you, must ensure that it is comprehensively insured for the purpose in question for 3rd Party liability for a minimum of £3 million.
- 2.ensure that the boat is seaworthy and provide the boat with all the equipment necessary for the weather conditions at the time
- 3.if their child/children is to be in charge of the boat, insure the boat is correctly rigged for those conditions and his/her ability.
- 4.BSC staff/Instructors reserve the right to refuse use of a boat which does not comply with these conditions with no recourse to a refund.
- 5.All precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of all participants and boats, but due to the nature of learning, boats may have collisions and this is at the risk of the boat owner.
It must be recognised that boating is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event/training, you agree and acknowledge that:
(i) You are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and you accept responsibility exposing yourself to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event/training;
(ii) You will comply at all times with the instructions of the Instructor(s) particularly with regard to handling of boats, wearing of buoyancy aids and the wearing of suitable clothing for the conditions;
(iii) You accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by your own negligence;
(iv) You will not participate in the event/training whilst you are under the influence of, or, your ability to skipper a vessel is impaired by alcohol, drugs or whilst otherwise unfit to participate.
(v) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, as can be practically provided in the circumstances;
(vi) You have satisfied yourself as to your suitability and/or eligibility for the course you are attending and are physically fit to take part in the activity.
You understand that once the course payment has been made it is not refundable. However, in the unlikely event that the Club have to cancel an event then an alternative date(s) will be offered and the participants reallocated onto a new course. However, if no suitable alternative date can be found, then the Club will refund the course payment.
You understand that the Instructor may exclude anyone from a particular session and evict anyone from the premises who refuses to comply with these Registration Terms or who misconducts themselves in any way or who causes damage or annoyance to other persons.
The information given by you on this form will be used by us to process your registration and for attending to you whilst you are participating at the courses/events. We may also include your name and address on our mailing list. If you do not want to receive our newsletters and details of our promotions, please contact the BSC Office at; firstname.lastname@example.org
We may take photographs and video footage of events/training for use by us in connection with the promotion of the Club and our activities. If you object to the use of these images, please contact the BSC Office at; email@example.com
PARENTAL/GUARDIAN CONSENT (if participant is under 18)
I agree that my dependent may take part in this event/training.
I confirm that I have read through the above conditions with him/her and that she/he understands and agrees with them.
I also confirm that he/she takes part in the course with my full agreement that that the particulars given above are correct and complete in all respects.
Last updated 18:26 on 9 January 2021