RYA Dinghy Instructor
Become an RYA Dinghy Instructor and open up a world of employment opportunities, both at home and abroad. Learn and practice how to teach and inspire dinghy sailors to the tried and tested RYA syllabus, with effective communication styles and teaching methods. The course is led throughout by an RYA coach assessor and moderated on the final day to ensure consistent standards.
This five-day RYA Dinghy Instructor course is taught in both single and double-handed club boats and club power boats. Participants' own boats may not be used.
On successful completion, students will be qualified to teach the RYA Sailing Scheme Levels 1, 2 and 3, and Youth Sailing Scheme Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4, under the supervision of a Senior Instructor. Students may also be able to instruct Day Sailing, Seamanship Skills and Sailing with Spinnakers modules if suitably experienced and approved by the centre Principal or Chief Instructor and Start Racing if they achieve the Racing Instructor endorsement.
Entry Requirements: Participants must:
- Be aged 16 or older at the end of the course
- Hold a valid first aid certificate recognised by the RYA
- Hold a valid RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- Hold the RYA Safe and Fun Certificate (completed via an online course, email email@example.com to book via BSC).
- Have passed the pre-entry sailing assessment within one year prior to the DI course. Pre-assessments are available at Emsworth Sailing Club on 16th and 17th October. Details tbc and more dates at BSC to be confirmed. If you fail this assessment, you will not be able to progress onto the RYA Dinghy Instructor course. In these circumstances, we are unable to refund any monies paid, but will carry your RYA Dinghy Instructor course booking forward for up to 12 months.
- In addition, for successful candidates' qualification to be valid they must be a member of the RYA.
Cost: Members £250, non-members £375. Book under 'Tickets' below.
24 October 2022↑HW 11:28 4.7m
↑HW 23:38 4.7m
25 October 2022↑HW 12:01 4.9m
26 October 2022↑HW 00:15 4.8m
↑HW 12:37 4.9m
27 October 2022↑HW 00:54 4.8m
↑HW 13:14 4.9m
28 October 2022↑HW 01:35 4.8m
↑HW 13:54 4.9m
Tide data for ChichesterHarbourEntrance
Last updated 9:40pm on 26 September 2022