PaddleSports & Rowing Terms and Conditions of Hire
Bosham Sailing Club (BSC) Terms and Conditions for hire of Valiant, Nimrod and paddleboards ("the craft")
1. The craft may only be hired by fully paid-up members of BSC, aged 18 years or older at the date of hire.
2. The hirer is responsible for the craft while it is being used during the period of hire.
3. The hirer confirms by booking that they are trained and competent in use of the craft and will be considered the "master" of the vessel for the period of use.
4. BSC may require the hirer to provide a deposit against damage of not more than £50 prior to the hiring in addition to the hire fee.
5. Any loss or damage to the craft or item of equipment, beyond fair wear and tear, must be logged by the hirer to the office at the earliest opportunity.
6. If damage to the equipment is not reported the hirer may be liable for the full cost of repairs.
7. Hirers shall reimburse BSC for any loss or damage caused during their period of hire, to a.) a boat and/or b.) a third party, and shall either, pay the full cost of replacement and/or repair, or pay the amount of any insurance excess applicable, whichever is the lesser amount.
8. The craft and all equipment must be washed down by the hirer immediately after use. A surcharge may be applied to the hirer if this is not completed to a satisfactory standard.
9. The craft and equipment must be securely put away after use, unless the craft is immediately going back on hire by another party who are present, whereby it can be handed over after washing down.
10. BSC may make such enquiries of the hirer prior to the hiring as it considers appropriate to satisfy itself that the hirer is competent to use a craft and has the right to refuse a hiring on such grounds as it considers fit.
11. Hirers will be bound by the BSC rules and byelaws and go afloat at their own risk.
12. The hirer may not remove craft to launch at another site away from the BSC site without the written approval of the Sailing Manager.
13. By making a booking the hirer accepts that the booking in non-cancellable and that any refunds are at the discretion of BSC, and will only be issued in exceptional circumstances.
14. BSC may impose such other conditions on the hire of craft as it considers reasonably necessary.
15. BSC reserves the right to cancel any bookings if craft is required for training purposes. Training will always take priority over bookings. BSC will endeavour to provide as much cancellation notice as possible.
16. The SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and Extraordinary Operating Procedures COVID-19 form part of the Terms and Conditions of hire.
Updated March 2021
Last updated 09:26 on 7 June 2021