How the Lottery Works
Bosham Sailing Club's 50/50 Lottery How it works
50% of ticket sales income will be distributed as cash prizes. The remaining money will be used to fund special projects for the Club and its members.
The Lottery is open to members, and their families and friends
1. Each ticket costs £8 a month;
2. You can buy one or more tickets by completing the 50/50 Lottery application form;
3. Payment options
*Preferred Buy a 12-month subscription for £96 by completing the bank standing order or pay by cheque or bank transfer (details will be supplied, but please do not do the transfer until you have your ticket reference no.). You can always cancel your subscription at the end of 12 months;
*If you want to buy your ticket subscription each month you MUST complete the bank standing order. You can cancel your subscription at any time;
Please note If you want to subscribe to more than one monthly ticket, a separate bank standing order or bank transfer must be completed for each ticket, quoting ref number that will be supplied.
4.You will be given a unique ticket number that will not be issued to anybody else. You renew its validity each month by making your subscription payment;
5. 50% of ticket sales income will be distributed as cash prizes;
6.There will be three cash prizes every month representing 18%, 12% and 6% of the sales income allocated for prize money. Once a quarter there will be an additional bonus cash prize of the balance of the prize money for the last three months;
7. Only those tickets that have been paid in all three consecutive calendar months of any given quarter will be eligible for the quarterly bonus prize;
8.There is no need for a ticket holder to be present at a draw in order to win;
9. An example of how the Lottery will work.
If 100 tickets are sold every month for one year, that will generate a monthly prize fund of £400. The cash prizes every month will £72 (18%), £48 (12%) and £24 (6%).
The quarterly bonus prize will be £768
If 200 tickets are sold every month for one year, the cash prizes every month will be £144, £96 and £48. The quarterly bonus prize will be £1,536
10. All cash prizes will be allocated in descending order of value, and once drawn a ticket cannot be drawn again in that monthly draw;
11.The draw for the cash prizes will be held at 19.30 hours on the 2nd Friday after the end of each calendar month. All paid up tickets from that calendar month will be entitled to participate in that draw;
12. The venue for the monthly and quarterly draws will be at The Clubhouse, The Quay, Bosham.
13. The draw results, including the successful ticket numbers and ticket holders will be published on the Club's website; In addition, you can register your email address to receive notification of the draw results;
14. All cash prizes will be paid to successful ticket holders by cheque/bank transfer to the address/bank account registered for that ticket number;
15. It is the responsibility of each ticket holder to ensure that his/her bank has sufficient funds and complies with the instructions of the ticket holder. Neither the Club nor the Promoter is under any obligation to inform any ticket holder if, for any reason, payments for tickets or their renewal are not made successfully;
16. Any dispute relating to the Lottery will be referred to the Flag Officers of the Club for resolution, and whose decision shall be final;
17. The full terms and conditions of the Bosham Sailing Club 50/50 Lottery are set out inside;
18. Bosham Sailing Club 50/50 Lottery is promoted by Bosham Sailing Club Ltd., The Quay, Bosham, West Sussex PO18 8LU.
19. The member of the Club responsible for the Bosham Sailing Club 50/50 Lottery is the Lottery Promoter Lyn Murray, 9 The Holdens, Bosham, PO18 8LN. Email
Last updated 11:45 on 13 July 2023