Bosham Sailing Club venue hire
Bosham Sailing Club is a friendly, welcoming and picturesque venue to host your event. Please find below a list of charges and terms and conditions for hiring the restaurant, marquee (depending on the season) and terrace. The club has a very busy sailing programme, therefore no event will have exclusive use of the venue at any time. As such, preference will be given to events held between Monday and Thursday during the sailing season, and at the discretion of the Flag Officers. In the first instance, please speak to the office about availability (01243 572341 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Event hire charges
(Private dinners, lunches, christenings, wakes, birthday parties)
8am 6pm £50 £250
6pm 11.30pm £50 £250
Wedding hire charge £250 £450
Wakes for members No charge
West Room hire for meetings / conferences
£15 per hour £25 per hour
Hire charges cover office administration, set up, cleaning, utilities and sundries.
Additional staff required for an event @ £10.50 per person per hour. Staff levels to be agreed by the office.
We use the services of Helen Clegg (see sample menus and costs below). All menus will be agreed and quoted separately for each event.
A non-refundable deposit of £200 to confirm your booking (payable at the time of booking). This will be taken off the final invoice.
A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the event (hire charge and food) plus £200 to cover any excess cleaning / damages (removed from the final invoice) will be asked for in order to confirm your booking.
In the event that BSC needs to cancel the event, the full deposit will be returned.
In the event that the organiser cancels the event, 50% is refundable up to 72 hours prior to the event. There will be no refund 72 hours or less before the event.
Wine (per bottle) £8
Champagne / sparkling wine (per bottle) £15
Spirits (per bottle) £24
Beer (per bottle) £3
Capacity Seated Standing
Restaurant up to 60 up to 150
(depending on table configuration)
Marquee up to 60 up to 150
(depending on table configuration)
(the sides of the marquee will normally be removed after Easter / end of April. Heater charge £150)
West Room up to 25
- Bosham Sailing Club is unable to offer use of the premises on an exclusive basis due to constant member use, sailing and training. Events held on a Saturday and Sunday are subject to the club's sailing and racing programme and the discretion of the Flag Officers.
- Bosham Sailing Club reserves the right to alter prices during the season (this will not affect events already quoted).
- The event organiser is hiring Bosham Sailing Club as a venue and must take responsibility for co-ordinating their private event.
- Any non-members wishing to hire the clubhouse, must be guaranteed by a current member.
- Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of a deposit and signed agreement of the terms and conditions.
- All prices and quotes are inclusive of VAT.
- The cost of any damage to club premises or breakages caused during a private event, will be removed from the deposit, or added to the final invoice.
- We are unable to offer a late license for any event. For evening events, the bar will close at 23.00 (by prior arrangement) and all guests must vacate the premises by midnight.
- The club is unable to host private discos or issue music licenses. Any music played must in no way disturb our neighbours and must be switched off no later than 23.00.
- The ground floor of the club is wheelchair friendly, with a downstairs loo and the lower level of the terrace being accessible.
- We are unable to offer parking please use the public car park in the village. The club can provide spaces for loading and unloading. Please speak to the office if any visitor has access issues.
Bosham Sailing Club, The Quay, Bosham, West Sussex PO18 8LU. 01243 572341
Last updated 12:41 on 21 January 2022