Bosham Junior Week 7th - 13th August 2021
Notices to Competitors (available to download below):
10/8/21 Amendment to Sailing Instructions issued
3/8/21 Amendment to Notice of Race issued
3/8/21 Sailing Instructions issued
BJW21 Welcome and Briefing video click here.
Bosham Junior Week is a week long racing and social event that is a MUST if you are 8 to 18 years old. Great, competitive racing coupled with a hectic social programme make this the teenage (and younger!) sailing and social event of the year!
Classes which take part are.
- Optimist (silver & gold): Class Captain Tia Bedford email@example.com
- Topper (silver & gold): Class Captain Lucy Chaplin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feva XL (silver & gold): Class Captain Jenny Eastwood email@example.com
- International 420: Class Captain Al Langhorne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laser (Standard/Radial/4.7): Class Captain Will Curtis email@example.com
If you are not sure whether your cadet should be in the silver/gold fleet or have any queries about entering, please contact your class captain via email.
Each day of racing starts with a briefing for all sailors and parents followed by 1-3 races per fleet according to the wind/weather followed by a variety of fun races organised by the Cadet Committee and a great range of evening socials.
All competitors must be members of BSC, a Federated Chichester Harbour Club or an RYA affiliated club. In order to enter, they must have completed a minimum of 4 races between 16 August 2020 and 6 June 2021 at their home sailing club. The only exception is made to competitors in their A level year. Any queries in relation to this must be directed to the Class Captains.
2021 entry fees are as follows (prices include berthing fees, racing fees, JW21 sweatshirt and registration bag (1 bag per family) and some socials):
BSC Members: £95 per cadet
Non Members: £160 per cadet
Late entry surcharge: £30 per cadet
Adult temporary membership fee for duties: £25 per person
Please note entry fees are non refundable.
To take part, every competitor must supply adults to do a minimum of 2 land or water based duties. These adults must also be members of BSC, a Federated Chichester Harbour Club or an RYA affiliated club. Any non-BSC members must pay a temporary membership fee in order to carry out their duties. To apply for your duties, please log into Duty Roster. This will go live on Monday 28 June.
Online entry forms will be available from Monday 07 June 2020. Entry deadline is 23.59 Sunday 27 June 2021. After this date there is a late entry surcharge of £30 and entries are subject to availability.
- BJW Qualification Requirement 2021
- Junior Week Duty Descriptions
- Junior Week 2021 Notice of Race
- Junior Week 2021 Sailing Instructions
- Junior Week 2021 Amendment to Notice of Race
- Junior Week 2021 Amendment to Sailing Instructions
- Sailing and Social Schedule
- Racing Parental Guardian Consent
Book this event
7 August 2021↑HW 11:50 4.3m
↑HW 23:53 4.4m
8 August 2021↑HW 12:28 4.4m
↑HW 00:29 4.5m
9 August 2021↑HW 13:04 4.5m
10 August 2021↑HW 01:06 4.5m
↑HW 13:42 4.6m
11 August 2021↑HW 01:45 4.6m
↑HW 14:20 4.7m
12 August 2021↑HW 02:25 4.6m
↑HW 14:59 4.7m
13 August 2021↑HW 03:06 4.6m
↑HW 15:41 4.6m
Tide data for Chichester
Last updated 8:28am on 10 August 2021