**SUNDAY START POSTPONED 1 HR** (CB) Bosham Masters (3 day event)
21st May 2022: Change to starting times
The start of racing on SUNDAY 22nd May is postponed 1 hour. The first warning signal will not be before 13.55
20th May 2022: Amendment to Sailing Instruction
SI 13.2 is amended as follows:
- 13.2 The course may be shortened at a mark by a patrol boat stationed at the mark displaying flag G with repetitive sound signals. After rounding or passing the mark, boats should sail directly to the final inflatable mark, round that in the prescribed direction and sail to the finish line, with no requirement to round any other course marks, with the exception of the 'goalposts' in 10.4. This amends RRS 33.
19th May 2022: Notice to Competitors
Per NoR 7.3. the Class Race Categories and Handicap Race Categories, start times and warning flags shall be as follows:
- Start 1: at published start time each day (T) = Fast Handicap PN <1120 - Numeral Pennant 2
- Start 2: at T+10mins = Yachting World Dayboat YWDB flag
- Start 3: at T+15mins = Devon Yawl, Medium Handicap PN 1121 to 1250 - Numeral Pennant 3
- Start 4: at T+25mins = Chichester Scow - Numeral Pennant 9
- Start 5: at T+30mins = Tideway, Slow Handicap PN > 1250 - Numeral Pennant 1
The second race each day for each Start shall follow directly from the finish of the last boat racing in that Start. The race officer will endeavour to follow the same start sequence but reserves the right to alter the sequence depending on circumstances. Competitors are advised to pay close attention to the flag signals.
The AP flag may be used as an 'early warning' of an imminent start sequence.
The 2022 Bosham Masters, incorporating the Yachting World Dayboat open meeting, will be back bigger and better than ever this year. The Masters is a three-day event open to all BSC sailors aged 18 and over (crews of any age) and offers plenty of racing and plenty of party fun too. Thanks to generous sponsorship from Stride & Son, we are able to keep entry and dinner cost to a minimum and provide some live musical entertainment as well.
- Two races each day with committee boat starts, harbour courses and a quay finish for the last race of the day.
- First start not before 13:00 hrs.
- Four or more boats of the same class will have their own class prizes, plus a fast, medium and slow handicap series as entries dictate.
- Maximum four races to count to assist those who can only sail for two days.
- The event will also incorporate the Yachting World Dayboat open meeting on Saturday and Sunday May 21st & 22nd.
- Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions available under 'Downloads' below.
- Enter below under 'Tickets' and note that in order to add additional items to your booking you must return to 'your basket' and <Continue Shopping.
- Pre Masters drinks and complimentary canapes in the bar from 18.00 Thursday May 19th with prize for most colourful Hawaiian shirt.
- Complimentary tea, sandwiches and cake after racing each day.
- Live jazz quartet in the marquee after racing and in the evening on Saturday.
- Masters Dinner on Saturday with selection of help-yourself bowl food from club chef Helen. To see the full menu and to book your place see here.
- Stride & Son Masters Prize-giving ceremony Sunday May 22nd
Any available tickets are member only.
20 May 2022↑HW 03:03 4.7m
↑HW 15:47 4.6m
21 May 2022↑HW 03:59 4.5m
↑HW 16:46 4.5m
22 May 2022↑HW 04:59 4.3m
↑HW 17:44 4.3m
Tide data for ChichesterHarbourEntrance
Last updated 7:32pm on 21 May 2022