FinnFest (Finn Open Festival)
NOTICES TO COMPETITORS
1. Rule 42 (Propulsion) applies at
all times. Flag 'O' will not be raised. This amends a Finn class rule.
2. Competitors are advised that HMS
Target, a RN patrol boat (20m loa, 6m beam) will be stationed on Bosham Quay at
high tide on Sunday 17th 2022 from around 14.30 -15.30. Care should
be taken at all times to allow the vessel to manoeuvre safely.
A celebration of seventy years of Finn Olympic sailing and history
at Bosham Sailing Club
ENTRY FEE: £40 (INCLUDES TEAS PLUS A MERCHANDISE ITEM)
LATE ENTRY FEE: £50 FROM 18th JUNE
ENTER UNDER 'TICKETS' BELOW
- Chichester Harbour courses, committee boat starts
- Up to six races across two days
- First start not before 11.30 both days
- Finish of the last race each day at historic Bosham Quay
- Competitors' teas and Saturday dinner
- Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions available under 'Downloads' below
- British Finn Association Traveller Series 2022
Friday 15th July Pre-event Training with Cameron Tweedle: ex Under 23 British Sailing Team Finn Sailor covering Personal Assessment // Your Key Focus for Faster Finning // Get Familar with the Race Course. Cost £35/pp Limited to 8. Book under @Tickets' below. Any questions about the training please email Jeremy Drummond firstname.lastname@example.org. Plus one hour bar talk on Friday evening by Bosham Finn Captain Dick Pratt on "The Querks of Tide & Eddies & Wind in Chichester Harbour".
Celebratory supper: At Bosham Sailing Club, 19.00 on the Saturday. Please see below for menu. £22pp for two courses. Book your tickets under 'Tickets' below
- Cajun spiced roast shoulder of pork OR vegetable & halloumi kebabs with dukkah. Served with new potato salad, mixed garden salad, pistachio & cranberry rainbow slaw & baps
- Summer pudding served with double cream OR Chocolate Eton mess
- Teas: Served after racing both days at the BSC clubhouse.
- Boat storage: Available overnight in the BSC dinghy park or for limited numbers on Quay Meadow (at owners risk). No boats to be left on the quay overnight unless in paid berths.
- Car parking: Please use the District Council car park in the village. Strictly no parking on or around the quay, meadow or dinghy park,
- Lockers: Available in clubhouse (need £1 coin).
- Notices to competitors: Will be posted on this page
Charity: The event is supporting the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation. We anticipate the attendance of some well-known sailors with raffles and auctions to raise money.
This event has finished - tickets are no longer available.
Use the members portal to manage any tickets you have for this event.
Last updated 11:05pm on 7 June 2023