RYA Day Skipper Theory Provisional
BOOK NOW TO REGISTER INTEREST FOR 2023
RYA Day Skipper Theory 13 week course
For all yachties!! Learn how to make sensible decisions on board a sailing yacht. Essential if you are considering taking the RYA Day Skipper practical course.
- 13 x 3 hour classroom sessions. If guidance precludes classroom teaching we will postpone the start of the course.
- Held weekly at BSC from 18.30 - 21.30
- First session 3rd January 2023 tbc
- Final session 28th March 2023 tbc
- Followed by two 1.5 hour examination papers
- Minimum age 12
- Some practical experience of boating is desirable
Course content includes seamanship, coastal navigation and pilotage, chartwork, electronic charts, position fixing, plotting a course to steer, weather forecasting and meteorology, tides, collision regulations. Successful students who pass the exam papers will have gained sufficient background knowledge to skipper a small yacht in familiar waters by day.
Course fee: 2023 prices are not confirmed. 2022 prices were £300 (members), £375 (non-members) includes course handbook, exercises, almanac, training charts, exams.
Students will need to provide their own plotter and dividers.
Last updated 11:50am on 29 January 2022