RYA Regional Youth Championships
BYS Regional Junior Championships is a festival for all junior sailors who are leaning to sail in club boats, through to Regional Training Group sailors in the Recognised Junior Class. At this event we will be running three fleets, Championship, Coached Regatta and OnBoard Fleet. With the three different fleets there should be something for your level of sailing. Along with prizes for event winners there will be a range of prizes for sailors exhibiting the BYS Values and Behaviours and showing a passion for the sport. There are also Club Trophies for the club that has the most entries and the club which has the largest increase in sailors at the event. As usual it will be held over the last weekend in September 25th 26th at WPNSA. Entries open in August and last entry by 19th September.
Racing is for classes: - Optimist, Topper (5.4 & 4.2 Rigs), RS Tera (Sport Rig), RS Feva XL, ILCA 4, Cadet plus a Coached Regatta Fleet. and an OnBoard Fleet.
So which fleet should you be sailing in at Regional Junior Championships?
- Championship Fleet:
- Prizes for Top Girls and Boys and Regional Champion.
- Racing fleet for each of the BYS recognised junior classes.
- Sailors may be also competing at regional opens meetings.
- Will probably stay afloat all day.
- This is an indicator for those who want to apply for Regional Training Groups (RTG)
- Coached Regatta Fleet
- For sailors who can sail around triangle course and want to start racing.
- This fleet will be run by RTG coaches or the equivalent and will be a brilliant learning experience for sailors who want to improve their racing skills.
- Racing in BYS Recognised Classes.
- Preparation for Championship Fleet next year.
- Prizes for BYS Values and Behaviours as well as results.
- OnBoard Fleet
- Using Andrew Simpson Centres RS Zest
- Run for newer sailors.
- Led by RYA staff and local OnBoard instructors.
- A regional end-of-season OnBoard festival filled with games and heaps of OnBoard club camaraderie.
- Ideally under 13 aged sailors
- You can enter just Saturday or the whole weekend
- An end of year regatta for OnBoard sailors
- Club Trophies
- o "RYA Zone Championships Club Trophy" Donated by the Regional Committee awarded to the sailing club with the most entries.
- o "BYS Regional Junior Championship Development Trophy" Donated by the Regional Committee awarded to the sailing club with the largest increase in entry numbers from the 2020 event.
More information can be found at https://www.rya.org.uk/events/2021-RJC-South
Book this event
25 September 2021↑HW 02:34 4.6m
↑HW 14:53 4.6m
26 September 2021↑HW 03:07 4.4m
↑HW 15:23 4.4m
Tide data for Chichester
Last updated 2:12pm on 20 August 2021