Scow Race Training 5
Get ready for your season of Scow racing with this series of race training sessions led by class favourite Melvyn Cooper.
Sessions are timed to run on Fridays around the high tide to maximise time on water and ease of launching. Session dates:
- 22nd April, 14:30 - 17:00
- 29th April, 09:30 - 14:30
- 6th May, 14:00 - 16:30
- 27th May 09:30 - 12:00
- 17th June, 12:00 - 17:00 (race day)
Melvyn will tailor each session to the skills of the group and the weather conditions. Expect sessions to cover all the skills required to start or improve your club racing, including:
- rigging, sail settings and on-the-water adjustments
- starting - sequences and timing
- starting - stopping, hovering and getting up to speed
- improved tacking and gybing
- improved mark rounding
- using sailing skills to best effect
- tactics and positioning
- understanding the racing rules
The series of sessions will culminate in a final 'race day', ensuring you are in peak form for the Chichester Scow National Championships on 9th & 10th July.
Participants should have their own boats and be reasonably competent sailors able to perform basic manoeuvres and sail upwind and downwind, tacking and gybing effectively.
Cost (members only): £45 per short session (sessions 1,3 & 4), £80 per long session (sessions 2 & 5)
*** BOOK ALL SESSIONS IN ONE GO AND GET ONE SESSION FREE = £250 ***
Any available tickets are member only.
17 June 2022↑HW 00:58 4.7m
↑HW 13:47 4.7m
Tide data for ChichesterHarbourEntrance
Last updated 5:46pm on 30 December 2021