BSC Newsletter 21st April 2021
Published 09:37 on 23 Apr 2021
BSC Finn Open - This Weekend!
Each day will see three back to back races planned, with the first start not before 11:30
Briefing at 11.00 on the BSC terrace. Register from 08.30 each day.
Click here to enter the Finn Open.
This week's Bosham Reach
Join Richard Craven, Director and Harbour Master of Chichester Harbour Conservancy as he talks about Water Quality, Coastal Squeeze, and Sea Level Rise. These are the main main factors at play in Natural England's recent assessment of Chichester Harbour SSSI, which downgraded 80% of the Harbour to 'unfavourable declining' condition.
A look at these issues and the work needed to turn the tide on 70 + years of decline.
Thursday 22nd April - 18:00
The weather is warming up and it's great to see so many of you back on the terrace. Whilst we continue to operate under government guidelines, we kindly ask you all to remain at your tables of six / two households and wait for a member of the team to take your order. We are in plain view, so it's essential we do this and resist the temptation to wander around to different tables or sit on the wall. Next week's bar opening times can be found here.
We have a tasty range of sausage rolls and sandwiches available on Friday evenings and over the weekends, for hungry drinkers and sailors - just ask one of the team about the different fillings.
On Sunday 2 May we will have Helen's very delicious posh burgers and wedges after sailing - details of how to book this will be available soon. We really hope that as many of you as possible will be able to support this event.
We are lucky at BSC to have an amazing group of Race Officer volunteers. Thank you for all that you do!
We are keen to make sure that communication with this cadre is top notch, and that we encourage and facilitate more members to join them.
So, three requests please:
- If you are an existing Race Officer and give permission for your name an email address to be put on the website, please let RC Dinghies know (email@example.com). This will allow members to know who the team is.
- We really want to make the journey to becoming a Race Officer as enjoyable and easy as possible. We have started running Introduction courses, but want to enable mentoring for newbies so that they can learn the ropes in a guided manner before 'going solo'. So if you are an existing Race Officer that is happy to help with this (only ever when convenient to you), please email RC Dinghies (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your published name of the website will be annotated as such.
- If you would like to discuss how to become a Race Officer, or would like some on-the-job mentoring to build confidence and experience, please get in touch. (email@example.com).
A day spent being Race Officer is a lovely way to be involved with club, and very rewarding. We want to look after those that fulfil this role and encourage more members to have the opportunity to fulfil this enjoyable role.
Thanks in advance,
Will Curtis, RC Dinghies
Bosham Masters will take place on the 14th, 15th and 16th May.
- A 3 day event with 2 back to back races each day.
- Committee boats starts and quay finish for the 2nd race each day.
- First starts scheduled for midday.
- The event also incorporates the Yachting World Dayboat open meeting on Saturday 15th.
- 5 or more boats of the same class will have their own class, plus a Fast, Medium and Slow Handicap series. Watch the club web site for updates to see if your class has qualified!
- Harbour courses.
- 2 discards to assist those who can only sail for 2 days
and equally important
- Complimentary tea, sandwiches and cake after racing each day
How do I enter?
You can enter HERE
Finally - Please Please Please get involved
If you are not sailing and would like to get involved with this great club event please consider volunteering for a duty on Duty Roster.
Last updated 09:38 on 23 April 2021