BOSHAM SAILING CLUB BACK ON THE WATER... SAFELY Updated Road Map 10th March 2021
Published 00:00 on 10 Mar 2021
Now that we've all heard the much awaited guidelines for our road to freedom, we're really looking forward to getting the 2021 season started. The Flag Officers met immediately after the guidelines were released, so we can begin to plan with more clarity and we're very excited to announce the following:
A Road Map to Opening can be found here:
All boats will need to be crewed in accordance with RYA guidelines. Please see a link in the BSC Road Map document for the latest information.
Racing will begin from 29 March subject to current RYA guidelines remaining applicable.
All training will go ahead as planned. Please sign up if you haven't already, before Monday 1 March, when places become available for non-members.
The changing rooms will open on 12th April. It is not clear yet whether showers can be used - further guidance awaited.
The club has SUPS available for member use (free of charge Monday to Friday) which will be available from 29 March. Members will be able to use Valiant and Nimrod.
Emma will be up and running from Thursday 1 April. We are currently recruiting for a launch driver (see 12 February newsletter) and contact email@example.com if you know of someone who may be interested.
BAR & SOCIAL
On the 12 April, outdoor hospitality will be allowed, with the rule of six still applying. We will be opening the bar for drinks and food on the terrace. Definitely watch this space for further announcements.
Restrictions on indoor hospitality are due to be lifted on 17 May (with the rule of six / two households together only) and after which the club aims to resume its packed and exciting scheduled programme of hospitality. RC House will contact everyone who has an event in the diary in the interim, to discuss the various options.
ACTION COUNT DOWN TO 29 MARCH
- Make sure your boats are ready to go
- Make sure YOU are ready to go, your kit still fits and your buoyancy aid is in one piece
- If you haven't already signed up for a duty, please do so before the cut off date of Sunday 28 March, after which you will be allocated a duty. Click here to sign up. We will be contacting those of you who had very kindly signed up for 28 March, to rearrange.
- Sign up for a training course - we have a full programme for both adults and cadets.
- We are all very excited about the restrictions being lifted, but we must continue to abide by the rules until then. We are opening up the club in a safe and controlled manner, and ask all our members to help by adhering to the guidelines and staying safe.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Last updated 10:20 on 22 March 2021